The College Production offers students the opportunity to get involved in acting, dancing and back stage roles. Students from Years 4-12 audition to be a part of the dancing and acting, where all experience levels and special talents are encouraged.
Primary and Secondary students were involved in The Sound of Music, Oliver, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and Peter Pan. The last production was The Lion King Jr in 2016. Our next production, in Term 1 2018, is Shrek Jr The Musical.
STA stands for Specialist Theatre Arts and is a drama club developed as an avenue to provide continued drama performance opportunities outside of the classroom and the production. STA projects include pop up plays, Youth on Health Festival and Theatre Sports.
The College offers an excellent drama program, benefitting from high quality facilities and a reputation for outstanding productions, which supports the thriving Arts program, and gives all students an opportunity to become involved. Students participate in a range of industry led incursions, including stage combat, Commedia Dell’arte and Black Swan Theatre Company masterclasses. In addition, students attend excursions to Crown Theatre, His Majesty’s Theatre, The State Theatre and Perth International Arts Festival. Some former students have entered the WA Academy of Performing Arts and performed in the Performing Arts Perspectives. In 2016, the Year 12 Drama class achieved the highest results in ATAR Drama.
In Drama, students perform class productions:
- Year 8 Children’s Theatre, performed to LJBC Primary School classes
- Year 9 How To Succeed In High School Without Really Trying, performed to parents and friends in the evening in the auditorium
- Year 10 Drop Dead Juliet, performed to parents and friends in the evening in PAT1
- Year 11 Girl Who Cried Wolf, performed to parents and friends in the evening in PAT1
- Year 12 As You Like It (Promenade Theatre), and the Drama Showcase, performed to parents and friends in the evening in PAT1