Despite the competition schedule being disrupted due to COVID-19, we still managed to have a successful 2020 on the pitch.
CAS Senior Girls – ACC Champions
Our Senior Girls Football Team became ACC Champions, reaching the grand final and defeating Seton College 5-0. The team defeated all teams in the Northern Zone at the ACC Championship earlier in the year, so competed in the final with Seton, the winners of the Southern Zone competition.
7/8 SSWA Junior Boys
In Term 4, our Junior Boys Football Team competed in the School Sport WA Champion Schools Competition, and reached the State Final after winning the Top Tier North Division: They won all of their games against Mercy College, Woodvale Secondary College and Ashdale Secondary College to set up the final against John Curtin College. Our team unfortunately lost on penalties after a great team performance to come from two goals behind to draw 2-2 and take the game to extra time. As coaches we were impressed with the resilience and strong mentality of the group.
West Coast State Futsal Titles – Perth Metro Winners
In Term 4, our Football Academy students competed in the West Coast School Futsal Titles and completed a clean sweep as champions in all the Boys and Girls categories they entered, winning the Perth Metro Competition in each age group from Years 4 to 10.
- Year 7 Boys (U13’s) – Champions, defeating Ashdale Secondary College in the final
- Year 7/8 Girls (U13/14) – Champions, defeating the International School of WA in the final
- Year 8 Boys (U14) – Champions, defeating Ocean Reef Senior High School in the final
- Year 9 Boys (U15) – Champions: ‘LJBC Green’ defeating ‘LJBC Pink’ in the final
- Year 9/10 Girls (U15/16) – Champions, defeating Dianella College in the final
- Year 10 Boys (U16) – Champions, defeating Darling Range Sports College in the final
CAS Senior Boys – ACC Northern Finalists
In Term 3, our Senior Boys Football Team reached the Northern Final, being defeated by Mercy College to end their run in the competition.
Perth Glory, NTC and WA State Team Selections
In August, the U14 and U15 WA Junior State Team squads were announced and there were 16 players chosen from LJBC (14 boys and 2 girls). In November, the NTC Girls Squads were announced and 4 girls were selected: There are also eight students from the LJBC Football Academy currently involved in the Perth Glory Junior Teams.